|Volunteer for Illinois NORML|
|At Illinois NORML we are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help us end cannabis prohibition. Below is a list of tasks and positions for people interested in volunteering.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us online and tell us what you are interested in working on.IDEAS FOR GETTING INVOLVED:1. Talk to others about the need to reform cannabis laws! Join Illinois NORML on Facebook and share our posts with your friends. Help spread the word about cannabis legalization to your social network. Download, print and distribute our brochure. Sign up for our email list below.
3. Arrange screenings of a documentary like Bringing It Home, Waiting to Inhale, the Union, Grass or any of the other documentaries covering cannabis prohibition; these can be at a local library, private residence or just about anywhere that movies could be shown to the public.
Call the State of Illinois Directory Assistance at 217-782-2000 and have the operator connect you with your State Representative, State Senator and the Governor and urge them to vote to legalize cannabis.
5. Write a Letter to the Editor of a publication. Media Contact List
7. Design or sponsor the purchase of an Illinois NORML banner or Illinois NORML shirts/stickers/buttons.
8. Organize Fundraisers…such as as benefit shows. If your band is playing, have part of the cover charge or donations help support Illinois NORML
9. Donate Office Supplies like copy paper, envelopes, stamps or folders as we ALWAYS need more of this stuff. Please send us stamps.
10. Post positive cannabis ideas on blogs, and online forums.
-VOLUNTEER FOR ILLINOIS NORML!!! help on a campaign, join a committee, work a job, take action now, get involved!
-County Leaders throughout Illinois. Please inquire by using our contact form.
-Membership DirectorThe Membership Coordinator aims to expand our membership by educating people of our free membership program as well as finding new paid members. Following up with current members and responding to membership inquires are the main responsibilities. -Event Director The Event Coordinator organizes and manages our events. We’re looking for someone to specifically focus on planning and executing various events from fundraisers and benefit shows to lobby days and rallies.
-Newshawks and online editors for the Media Awareness Project
-People to post our info on craigslist
-Talk Radio Listeners to call in and voice the need to end cannabis prohibition.
-Law Enforcement Officers to speak out against prohibition